Published on Monday, 14 April 2014 11:15
Article 1 | Organization
- The Finisterra – Arrábida Film Art & Tourism Festival, hereinafter identified by Festival, is an annual event promoted by Arrábida Film Commission Association;
- The organization of the festival is the responsibility of:
- Carlos Sargedas Director;
- Arrábida Film Commission;
Article 2 | Objectives
The Festival objectives are to reward films and audiovisual works that effectively promote tourism, in any of its multiple dimensions:
- To promote the implementation of good practices in tourism, according to the assumptions of social responsibility and sustainable development;
- Encourage young people to engage in directing and producing travel movies.
Article 3 | Movies Genres
The Festival accepts, selects and shows audiovisual productions of four genres:
- Advertising Movies, lasting up to 2 minutes;
- Dissemination / Promotion Movies, lasting up to 15 minutes;
- Documentaries ou report movies lasting up to 90 minutes;
Article 4 | Access Conditions
May participate in the Festival movies that meet the following requirements:
- Must be produced less than tree years;
- Must be in Portuguese, English or Spanish. Films in any other language must contain English subtitles.
Article 5 | Movies application
The submission of films is subject to the following rules:
- The entries will cost € 50.00 for the first film, and 20.00 € for each additional movie paid by Paypal or bank transfer to the account of the festival:
Associação Arrábida Film Commission
NIB: 0036 0152 99100031581 06
IBAN: PT50 0036 0152 9910 0031 5810 6
- Entries must be submitted online, until March, 8, 2016, on the website finisterrafilmfestival.pt
- Later, the application must be sent by mail, duly signed and dated, photos, along with the DVD movie. Films must be submitted in two copies to the following address:
Secretariado Finisterra Arrábida Film Art & Tourism Festival
Avenida da Liberdade nº 23
2970-635 Sesimbra, Portugal
- The deadline for receiving films is March 8, 2016;
- If the candidate has doubts about whether the film meets the criteria for entry, the applicant should make a provisional registration by sending the film and making the online application. If the opinion of the Executive Committee is favorable, the candidate must make the final registration
- The participants will be notified when upon acceptance of their registration.
Article 6 | Authorial Rights
Each participant is responsible for the content of his work and for eventual authorial rights problems. The participant is the holder of all rights regarding the use of his work, according to the liability to third parties. The executive committee has the right to reject films whose content or technical quality, does not satisfy the requirements for the Festival.
Article 7 | Pre Selection
- A selection committee (appointed previously by the executive committee, and composed of experts in the fields of audiovisual arts and tourism), will make a preliminary evaluation of the films in the competition.
- The selection committee may propose that certain films be presented extra contest.
Article 8 | Jury
- The jury, appointed by the organizing committee is made up of some of these elements: film and television directors, tourism experts, film critics, journalists, film producers and higher education teachers of scientific areas.
- The jury will evaluate the materials selected by the selection committee with full independence, and whose decisions are final.
- The jury as a whole or each of its elements has no responsibility for prizes that can be assigned by the executive committee. If it sees fit, the jury may award prizes "ex aequo".
Article 9 | Evaluation Criteria
- The films pre-judged favorably by the selection committee will then be assessed by the jury based on the following criteria:
- Visual Quality (including photography and editing)
- Sound Quality (including music and sound)
- Value of Information
- Creativity and Innovation
- The score in each of the five criteria mentioned above will vary between a minimum of 1 point and a maximum of 10 points: Poor (1 and 2), Enough (3 and 4), Good (5 and 6), Very Good (7 and 8) Excellent (9 and 10).
- The scores will not be disclosed. Only the three highest scores films in each category will be released.
Article 10 | Appointments and Awards by Category
- The three highest rated films in each category make up the Festival shortlist (nominations);
- Depending on the number of films entered in each of the themes categories, the following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes, if the minimum of films entered is more than eight films;
- 1st and 2nd Prizes, if the minimum for films entered is between 5 and 7;
- 1st Prize, if the number of films entered is 3 or 4;
- No prize will be awarded if the number of applicants is 1 or 2.
Article 11 | Grand Prize
The Arrábida Grand Prize will be awarded to the film that the jury considers to be the best among all the movies that integrate the Festival nominations (shortlist), regardless of the specific category that competes.
Article 12 | Artistic Prizes
- The jury also distinguishes with a trophy, the movies that stand out in the following technical and artistic categories:
- Best Photography;
- Best Music / Soundtrack;
- Best Script / Screenplay;
- Best Visual Effects and Post - Production
- Will also be awarded with a trophy, the best films from each genre - "Thematic" Categories:
- Religious Tourism
- Mountain Tourism
- Beach & Sea
- Nature and Wildlife
- Places in History
- Human Life
- Also as an incentive, encourage participation and filmmaking to students from schools Cinema, Tourism, Technology and Audiovisuals will be awarded a Diploma with the top 3 of all films regardless of the specific category it competes.
Article 13 | Special Awards of the Organization
In addition to the jury’s awards, the Executive Committee and the Festival Directors may decide to award films, personalities and organizations for their contribution in promoting tourism.
Article 14 | Participation Certificates
The Executive Committee, awards a participation certificate to all the movies enrolled in the Festival.
Article 15 | Cession of broadcasting rights
By signing the entry form, the applicant authorizes the display of his film for promotional purposes and the public exhibition during the Festival:
- On the website of the Festival;
- In academic events, universities or colleges, for dissemination of the Festival and / or training of students;
- In any event the Festival is held, where participants or winners are cited.
Article 16 | Exclusive rights of the Executive Committee
- The Executive Committee decides on the date and Festival Schedule, including the films exhibition sequence.
- The Executive Committee also decides the exclusion of films, where it considers justified, and acts on any other issues not included in this regulation, but related to the organization of the Festival.
Article 17 | Additional Information
or phone 00 351 938 857 701.
Article 18 | Acceptance of regulations
Participation in the Festival is dependent upon acceptance of this regulation.